The LGBT Equity Center envisions the University of Maryland as a fully equitable community that empowers innovators and agents of social justice for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer people. They serve University of Maryland students, staff, faculty, and alumni of all gender identities and sexual orientations. Some of their student programs are listed below:
- oSTEM For LGBTQ+ students in STEM degree programs.
- Pride Alliance a club supporting and advocating for LGBTQ+ people of the general UMD student population.
- QLA Queer Leadership Accelerator is a club within the Robert H. Smith School of Business established for the purpose of of cultivating and equipping queer leaders for professional excellence.
- Smith Pride Alliance an affinity group for LGBTQ+ MBA students in the Smith School of Business.
- Greek Alliance a student-run organization that encourages a culture of inclusion for LGBTQIA+ individuals within Greek Life. Greek Alliance also offers workshops to encourage chapters how to make their spaces more inclusive for queer individuals.
- LGBTQ+ Students and Allies in Public Health seeks to promote LGBTQ+ health equity, social justice, and anti-racism by engaging in research, advocacy, education and leadership projects and initiatives at the UMD and beyond. Open to LGBTQ+ undergraduate and graduate students and allies.
2218 Marie Mount Hall
- Call: (301) 405-8720