The Memorial Chapel is a multi-faceted campus facility serving numerous on-and off- campus populations and is home to a diverse range of events and personnel. Dedicated in 1952 as a living memorial to members of the University community that gave their lives in times of war, the Memorial Chapel is the center of religious life on campus and supports all fourteen university recognized chaplaincies and their programs.
The Writing Center works with UMD undergraduate students only. In addition to consultations at their Tawes and McKeldin locations, they offer live online tutoring, live online walk-in appointments, and 24-hour feedback. UMD graduate students seeking writing help should contact the Graduate School Writing Center.
1205 Tawes Hall
7751 Alumni Drive
College Park, MD 20742
- Call: (301) 405-3785
A multidisciplinary group that assesses and responds to reports of students with concerning behaviors. Students, staff, and parents can report (with the option to remain anonymous).
The BETA Team reviews the report of concern, checks to see if the student is exhibiting concerning behaviors in other areas on campus, learns more about the student’s experience on our campus, and develops a strategy to support the well-being and academic success of the student.
- Use the online form, email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call: 301-314-2382
The LGBT Equity Center envisions the University of Maryland as a fully equitable community that empowers innovators and agents of social justice for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer people. They serve University of Maryland students, staff, faculty, and alumni of all gender identities and sexual orientations. Some of their student programs are listed below:
- oSTEM For LGBTQ+ students in STEM degree programs.
- Pride Alliance a club supporting and advocating for LGBTQ+ people of the general UMD student population.
- QLA Queer Leadership Accelerator is a club within the Robert H. Smith School of Business established for the purpose of of cultivating and equipping queer leaders for professional excellence.
- Smith Pride Alliance an affinity group for LGBTQ+ MBA students in the Smith School of Business.
- Greek Alliance a student-run organization that encourages a culture of inclusion for LGBTQIA+ individuals within Greek Life. Greek Alliance also offers workshops to encourage chapters how to make their spaces more inclusive for queer individuals.
- LGBTQ+ Students and Allies in Public Health seeks to promote LGBTQ+ health equity, social justice, and anti-racism by engaging in research, advocacy, education and leadership projects and initiatives at the UMD and beyond. Open to LGBTQ+ undergraduate and graduate students and allies.
2218 Marie Mount Hall
- Call: (301) 405-8720
The Wellness & Advocacy Center at UHC offers resources for:
For more information, visit: https://health.umd.edu/wellness-advocacy
The University Career Center & The President’s Promise provides comprehensive career assistance for all students enrolled at the University of Maryland, College Park. Designed to support students through each stage of their career development, the Center offers an array of resources, services and programs that empower students to pursue their ambitions and navigate a meaningful career journey.
3100 Hornbake Library, South Wing
- Call: (301) 314-7225
- Car Lockouts, Jump Starts: (301) 314-4227
- Crime Reporting: (301) 405-3555
- Escort Services: (301) 405-3555
- Health Center: (301) 314-8180
- Sexual Assault Hotline: (301) 314-2222
- Key & Lock Problems: (301) 314-9675
- Police Emergency: 911 or (301) 405-3333
- N.I.T.E. Ride: (301) 314-6483
- Department of Transportation Services: (301) 314-7275
- Police Non-Emergency: (301) 405-3555
Find study and intern abroad programs and information on study abroad scholarships.
1118 H.J. Patterson Hall
- Call: 301-314-7746