CCSI runs PG County’s Suicide Prevention/Crisis Hotline, available 24/7, 365 days a year. They also offer free mental health screenings and links to community health and human service organizations.
For the suicide prevention/crisis hotline, call: (301) 864-7130
For more information and referrals, call: (301) 864-7161
For the 24/7 Crisis Intervention Hotline, call: (301) 731-1203
For the Maryland Youth Crisis Hotline, call: 1-800-422-0009
To report child abuse and neglect:
- Normal business hours (8am-5pm, M-F): 301-909-2450
- Evenings/weekends/holidays: 301-699-8605
For shelter placement and information, call: 1-888-731-0999
- Helps locate safe places around the United States, place to go for immediate help and safety
- 888-731-0999 – 24 Hour
- This hotline coordinates all shelter placements to PG County shelters
- This is a general government resources page for the homeless and people who want to learn more about homelessness, funds programs to help the homeless. These programs are managed by local organizations that provide a range of services, including shelter, food, counseling and jobs skills programs
- Hotline: 301-738-CALL (24/7)
- Youth Hotline: 301-738-9697
- The Adult Homeless Mental Health Services (AHMHS) program serves the homeless mentally ill of Montgomery County through providing ongoing case management services and a housing subsidy administered through the Housing Opportunities Commission. A smaller component of the program is case management which serves the homeless mentally ill patrons at a soup kitchen in Gaithersburg two days per week from mid-September through mid-June.